Old 5th December 2008, 08:23 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well as of the past few weeks very many much more retexture projects have started...this is probably due to the following:
  • RiceVideo and N64GFX have been around for texturing since 2004.
  • There are now 5 video plugins that will dump textures from TMEM.
  • Rice's Video Plugin was discontinued for a couple years, most of today's retextures were between that period and that in which mudlord picked it up, and now mudlord's increments to the plugin support have stopped since some months.
  • Project64 is also popular for its unique approach to retexturing.
  • EmuTalk is not dead exactly, and the vBulletin registration was in 2001 I suppose.
Someone has finally started a Turok 2 retexture that can be downloaded, and it looks to me better than the one that was left. Also check out what RaulUchiha did to Super Mario 64 [and SSB]; just because a game is popular with retexture projects doesn't mean some things aren't getting better. I've listed 100 links to projects, and now I'm going to STFU this thread to death as I quietly monitor the ET retexture forum every day.
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hi Icono, LTNS!

Nice list! Looks like you spent hours on it. Just like me, no reguard for time till it's perfect!

How've you been?

TTYL,
Jay
Old 26th December 2008, 04:27 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

hi gitech

I am very inspired now in the present areas of research. There will, has been times of forced isolation, but for those select hearts I can never forget to maintain this list. Of course I would also have to remember the work you have gone through.
Old 26th December 2008, 08:22 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Well as of the past few weeks very many much more retexture projects have started...this is probably due to the following:
  • RiceVideo and N64GFX have been around for texturing since 2004.
  • There are now 5 video plugins that will dump textures from TMEM.
  • Rice's Video Plugin was discontinued for a couple years, most of today's retextures were between that period and that in which mudlord picked it up, and now mudlord's increments to the plugin support have stopped since some months.
  • Project64 is also popular for its unique approach to retexturing.
  • EmuTalk is not dead exactly, and the vBulletin registration was in 2001 I suppose.
Someone has finally started a Turok 2 retexture that can be downloaded, and it looks to me better than the one that was left. Also check out what RaulUchiha did to Super Mario 64 [and SSB]; just because a game is popular with retexture projects doesn't mean some things aren't getting better. I've listed 100 links to projects, and now I'm going to STFU this thread to death as I quietly monitor the ET retexture forum every day.
Ricevideo is alive again, Aristotle has taken up the source

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 26th December 2008, 10:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Arrgh there's some positives to that really. It'd be nice if someone who knows what Rice did to buggy up the latest beta 10 of 6.1.1 in some special cases had the knowledge to undo that, everyone only cares about the latest version lately, which is getting worse and worse

"Try Glide64 napalm R1.1 instead.
It has all the features Rice has and will be the future because Rice seems to be finally dead! And you only have one folder to edit!"
The drunk's starting to get to a lot of people though, not just me lately
Old 10th January 2009, 10:56 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hi guys,

Sorry I have been inactive for a while.

Thanks Icono!

What's new?

Are you going to Alpha test?

Have you seen the work Aristotle is doing with Rice Video?

Later,
Jay

PS: I wonder if you could come back to emutalk. I would really like to see you there. Let me know. I can talk to the mods for you if you need me too.
Old 11th January 2009, 03:29 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I am currently an alpha tester; development seems to be progressing nicely forgetting about time matters and expected problems in alpha development.

The RSP plugin is especially worth checking out. The only things left seem to be pausing error messages concerning vectors of memory (which you press Enter they're gone like they never happened) and its inability to boot some particular games in LLE. Other than that it appears perfect.

If there is a way to be back on EmuTalk I will see how I can help Aristotle's continuous efforts. It's been 2 years since the last defense of me.
Old 19th January 2009, 07:32 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I would like to see you back at emutalk and your help with ARV would be very helpfull.

Have you tried to sign up again?

Thanks and TTYL,
Jay
Old 20th January 2009, 01:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Have I tried to sign up again, I've thought about it, I certainly wouldn't create a new hotmail account when I already have one, but I was banned--we see--so the best way is if one of the moderators thought it reasonable ...

I actually told my feelings to Knuckles, slight chance he never read it, or maybe he just really despaired still. Makes sense after seeing "THE END." for the reason I was banned so yea sorry about that at least, but to be honest with you,

I'm not sure it will matter in the long run. I have a feeling Aristotle's potential guides him to be capable without my betatesting.
Old 20th January 2009, 01:58 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Ok, thanks for updating me.

(Maybe I will have a surprize for you )

Later,
Jay