Old 5th July 2010, 04:32 AM

Default Ocarina of Time Save

Before I reformatted my computer, I'd finished the bottom of the well.
I can't have backed up the right folder, because now my saves are gone.

So does anybody have a save state or game save after the well? Even at, during or after the Water Temple would be fine.

NTSC version 1.2 by the way.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:22 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't think this is what you want, but since you specified "after" I thought I should mention that one of my latest unfinished save file projects is for this game. I left the save file 100% complete except for getting all the Skulltula tokens and the big poes across Hyrule Field for the fourth empty bottle.
Old 5th July 2010, 08:13 PM

Oh, I meant right after, not further into the game. I want to do the rest of the game myself (from the bottom of the well onwards) but just not what came before that.
Thanks though!
Old 5th July 2010, 08:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Okay I got a save state from when someone was reporting an issue with crashing during the windmill scene after Link just learned the Song of Storms. I did some conversion over from PAL 1.0 to NTSC and got this SRAM save for you to try.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php...aa238947e4fb8c

It worked for me and had the progress still in it (after the Water Temple, ready to go to the Bottom of the Well), but there's one glitch I'm sure you'll notice. It's the file name when you go to open the file. Other than that though tell me if something else went wrong.
Old 5th July 2010, 08:50 PM

Whoa! Thanks man, works great, now I can finally finish this game!
Old 5th July 2010, 08:59 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Alright glad it's working. Only thing for me was the file name was in Japanese characters, but maybe a reload somewhere fixed that.

I was able to produce that save from the instant state data attached to posts in this thread.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1150

It was for the (E) 1.0 version, so I converted to an SRAM that'd work for our versions.
Old 5th July 2010, 09:18 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Rswedlow,
Is there a chance that he could still use the rom save file if he still has it?
Save files always did confuse me. You can save them using the save option for pj64, or you can save them inside the rom itself (I think so anyways, am I correct here?)

Is either one better? Is it more portable to save them in the Rom (portable meaning being able to use your save files in other emulators).

Finally, and I think I read this somewhere and the answer was no, but it's been a really long time, is there any way to convert a pj64 save file into a rom save file?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but I thought that maybe any answers to these questions might also help the op.
Old 5th July 2010, 09:55 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well there are two kinds of saves basically.

There is usually the save data stored on the save chip hardware of N64 cartridges (e.g. EEPROM, FlashRAM or for Zelda Ocarina of Time SRAM) and also emulated save formats, such as Project64-generated save states.

Obviously Project64-generated save states / instant saves won't work on other emulators' unique save state implementations (though 1964 has support for Project64 1.4 states), and they contain more of the information exact upon your point in the game when you had saved (even some of the ROM information as well). It's an experimental feature by comparison that, if you use too much, can lead to corrupted save data (not the cartridge saves usually just the save states themselves getting corrupted if they were used so much).

Project64 save states just restore your exact RAM values of where you were in the game when you created them, which can take you to the progress you need before you decide to update the cartridge save again.

I sent him a new cartridge save to replace his old one with, so unless he has a backup save state from before he replaced the standard game saves the old progress is irretrievable.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:25 PM

Well, yeah, the name was still messed up, but that's no problem.

In japanese on the file select screen, but a picture of the B button and some glitch text after it in game.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:33 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Didn't catch that last part, what about the B button and some glitch text?

Yeah good thing the progress data is all accurate it seems.