Old 26th December 2010, 07:18 PM

Thumbs down Error code - 8876086A

Ok, so I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium. Before, I had PJ64 working fine and dandy. I reinstalled it, got the ROMs I wanted, but when I tried to play it, I get this: "Error. Plugins are not initilized." I am using the Direct64 plugin, and the rest are the regular plugins that come with the program when you install it (the Jabo plugins). Can anyone help me?
Old 31st December 2010, 12:46 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's possible that error comes up even if all the plugin fields are filled in, so just go to the Options under Plugins to find a way to re-apply current settings anyway to make sure they initialize.

It might also be particular to a certain plugin in which case you should try the Options menu Config-xx settings for each of the four types.
Old 27th March 2011, 11:02 PM
Project Supporter

Just from browsing through the forums here, it seems several people are having the same issue and they all seem to have windows 7 (none are clear on the version but that seems irrelevant)

Did you happen to reset "disable8dot3" and "disablelastaccess" in fsutil to 0 via CMD (if you read this and think "WTF?!" you probably haven't)

Windows 7 comes with those settings enabled by default (by enabled, I mean enabled to disable) and seem to affect certain older programs designed to work in XP and below, not all but some, and makes those programs simply not start or have weird errors. SpywareBlaster is the only one I can think of right now.

You could try disabling those two settings (again, I mean disabling the disabling, thus allowing 8dot3 naming and lastaccess timestamps) and see if you get different results or not. They are normally disabled for performance purposes, but seem to cause more trouble than they're worth (at least to me with standard hard drives, I've heard they cause problems with SSDs but I need to run through my sources to be sure about that).

To do this you'll need to open up the command prompt via going to the start menu, all programs, accessories, run, then enter "CMD" in the Run prompt (without quotes). Once the command prompt is open, enter...

fsutil behavior query disable8dot3

...to verify whether it is set to 1 or 0, then do the same thing with disablelastaccess, replacing disable8dot3 with disablelastaccess.

If one or both have a 1 value, then enter...

fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 0

and/or

fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0

...in order to re-enable that/those features. If both already happen to be set to 0, then the issue is something else.

Besides that, any other specs would also help in determining the problem.
Old 27th March 2011, 11:11 PM
Project Supporter

I'm thinking "wtf who are you and how do you know so much about this?"

Just a polite query
Old 28th March 2011, 12:14 AM
Project Supporter

Its called, "I have WAY too much time on my hands and I like my stuff to work!"

...But mostly its just to get stuff to work, gotta know it to take care of my personal computers and ESPECIALLY the computers for my job (my life is on the line for those ).
Old 28th March 2011, 12:59 AM
Project Supporter

I see. Well, welcome to the club.

EDiT: I just happened to notice that in the other thread you said that you tested 1.7. As you couldn't have gotten it from here I must tell you that people using cracked versions of 1.7 are not generally well-liked, although your knowledge sure is
Old 28th March 2011, 01:35 AM
Project Supporter

Angry Cracked PJ64?!

My PJ64 copy is legit, if you are saying it isn't, I have the email regarding that my donation successfully reached you guys over there. Received it yesterday at exactly 6:47 PM EST. I could even post the email and the beta download page as proof to show you it's legit.

I wouldn't try to cheat PJ64 in any way, v1.6 was awesome and you guys definitely deserved a donation one way or another (hell 20 bucks spent here is better than spending it on [insert any other crappy thing here])

v1.7 just happened to be the bonus item in the mix, and so I downloaded and tried it and enjoy it as much as v1.6, maybe even more. I won't really know until I have more time to use it. And as far my posts go, I may still be wrong in my predictions/theories but only a short usage of v1.7 on my laptop doesn't yield much knowledge as to why certain things are/aren't working.

but enough of my ramblings, all I wanted to say is I have a legit copy of PJ64 v1.7 so don't go accusing me of not having one !
Old 28th March 2011, 02:02 AM
Project Supporter

Hey hey okay then You must be one of the really lucky ones then. I see that you signed up only yesterday, and usually it takes a few days for Zilmar to upgrade someone's account, so I hope you can see where I'm going here.

Withdrawn
Old 28th March 2011, 09:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't know what's with the error code he posted, but the failed to initialize plugin message is usually narrowed down to a few causes.
Old 29th March 2011, 02:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

those fsutil settings have NOTHING to do with the issue.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1