Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 13th April 2011, 02:33 AM

Post Game Compatibility List for Version 1.6

This is a list full of info on games that work on PJ64 1.6, issues, or not working at all. Please PM me if you have tested out a game that I have not yet added to the list. These games have been tested by users. Let's a go!

Green: Working
Orange: Issues
Red: Not Working

Super Mario 64 (Tested: DarknessDude)
Everything works here, no problems encountered yet.

Paper Mario (Tested: DarknessDude)
Sometimes will have a black screen, and some flickering. Menus messed up but still usable.

Super Smash Bros. (Tested: DarknessDude)
Some PCs will have the emulator crash, or some graphics missing. Try redownloading the ROM. Also contains some flickering on the edges of the screen. Otherwise works fine.

Banjo-Kazooie (Tested: DarknessDude)
Jigsaws are messed up, but otherwise no problems.

Banjo-Tooie (Tested: DarknessDude)
Jigsaws are messed up, but otherwise no problems.

Mario Kart 64 (Tested: DarknessDude)

Pokemon Snap (Tested: natnatertatertot)
Graphical issues, and problems with the red dot.

Pokemon Stadium 2 (Tested: natnatertatertot)
Graphical issues.

Stunt Racer (Tested: natnatertatertot)
Not working.

Mario Golf (Tested: DarknessDude)
When aiming, the screen will flicker, but otherwise no problems.

Bomberman (Tested: Alunalun)
works fine, but needs Glide64 to display the gold cards. I would switch to Glide64 (on lowest resolution) and note what gold cards I had, and then swtich back to Jabo 1.6 to play the game. Glide64 also needed for one or two effects on the Spellmaker boss.

GoldenEye 007 (Tested: Alunalun)
cameras and drone guns are never visibly damaged. They stop working but don't change model. (also Sky/sea missing, as in gameFAQ).

Starfox 64/LylatWars (Tested: Alunalun & DarknesDude)

Bomberman 2 (Tested: Alunalun)
it kept crashing

Total Number of Games: 13
Working: 7
Issues: 5
Not Working: 1

Last edited by DarknessDude; 19th April 2011 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Added: Starfox64/LylatWars, Bomberman 2
Old 13th April 2011, 08:15 AM

Doesn't the PJ64 ROM browser already do exactly this - highlight games in different colours according to how they work, with a short note giving detail?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ROMBrowser.jpg
Old 13th April 2011, 04:01 PM
Project Supporter

You have a powerpuff girls game? hmm

Well, this looks like it would be a bit more detailed then all those notes, plus, as you can change the notes, someone could copy these and put in the notes when needed, just for a reminder.

Heh, don't forget pokemon snap, pokemon stadium 2 (graphical issues), stunt racer
Old 13th April 2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunalun View Post
Doesn't the PJ64 ROM browser already do exactly this - highlight games in different colours according to how they work, with a short note giving detail?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ROMBrowser.jpg
If you read the beginning of the post, it said "These games have been tested by users." Sometimes people can't trust the list in the PJ64 Menu.
Old 13th April 2011, 05:27 PM
Project Supporter

Oh, heh, sorry if I made it seem like Pokemon Snap simply had graphical issues, it's actually core issues with the red dot, as well as graphical issues.
Old 13th April 2011, 06:34 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah that's for sure. Not all the info is entirely correct in the official RDX/RDB.

Though Smiff counts as a user too heh . He was just one of the more "official users" who wrote the official RDB for his extensive testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnatertatertot View Post
You have a powerpuff girls game? hmm
LOL I have that ROM, too. My mom somehow "accidentally" bought that game (heh, if you can call it that) for me on my 13th birthday, when I asked her to get Mario Party instead. WTF!@!!! L-M-N-O-P!!! must not have looked twice at the shelf

It's not that fun of a game though trust me.

Weird though, Alunalun's list looks a hell of a lot like mine, plus a couple of games I don't have installed in that range.
Old 13th April 2011, 07:07 PM
Project Supporter

Ha. When I was twelve I got "Winnie the Pooh teaches Opposites Activity Book".

Needless to say, I enjoyed it XD Even though it was kiddish.

Yep, a lot like mine as well, with the exception of Perfect Dark, since I could never find that. I guess I'll keep looking though, since apparently it's pretty good.
Old 14th April 2011, 04:59 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Meh, I tested out Perfect Dark for a bit, and actually I can agree come to think of it that IIRC as it turns out I do think it was pretty fun. At least the first level. It seemed kinda hard later on, or it might be my fault for using a keyboard with a game I'm not familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnatertatertot View Post
When I was twelve I got "Winnie the Pooh teaches Opposites Activity Book".
I'm a little pooh bear
Short and stout
*points to his ass crack* This is my ass crack
*points to the opposite of his ass crack* This is my snout

Yeah, I'll bet you did enjoy it.
Old 14th April 2011, 08:21 AM

I got the powerpuff girls game because I like the powerpuff girls :P
But I can't play it because there's no manual that I can find, even my usual replacementdocs has let me down, and the controls are far from obvious. It seems to be some sort of fighting game but no button seems to do anything that would deal damage.

It's just one of many games on my list that I've never played. I can't run glide64, so I can't really play perfect dark - I have it on the xbox 360 instead, although it did pain me greatly to give microsoft money for a nintendo64 game.

I have 46 ROMs, but I've only properly played 12 of them. Many of the others have issues that put me off, or some, like the Zeldas, I prefer to play on my gamecube, and many I just downloaded with the mistaken idea that I didn't have a colossal crapload of work and little free time :P

I haven't had time for a lot of the games, but there are some I've tried but haven't played because of emulation issues. I'd like to say that the RDB/ROM browser have always clsoely matched my own experience, for the games they mention. Here are some of my own experiences though. I can re-test them for more info when I have time, maybe the weekend.

Bomberman - works fine, but needs Glide64 to display the gold cards. I would switch to Glide64 (on lowest resolution) and note what gold cards I had, and then swtich back to Jabo 1.6 to play the game. Glide64 also needed for one or two effects on the Spellmaker boss.
bomberman 2 - it kept crashing
DK64 - matches gameFAQ
Goldeneye - cameras and drone guns are never visibly damaged. They stop working but don't change model. (also Sky/sea missing, as in gameFAQ).
Neon genesis evangelion - needs glide64 or basically nothing is displayed
Tetrisphere - strongly suspect menus don't display correctly, because they look bad, but I never had it on N64 for reference
Tsumi to batsu = sin and punishment - matches gameFAQ
Super smash bros - for some reason Jabo 1.6 doesn't work. I swear it used to though. It just displays a colour gradient pink/yellow, which I think is the background to the intro video, or black. Jabo 1.5 works OK.

Games that work absolutely fine include Diddy Kong Racing, Fifa 99, Jet Force Gemini, Mission Impossible, Rayman 2, Lylatwars (eng and jap), Snowboard kids, Tetrisphere main game, and Wetrix.

Last edited by Alunalun; 14th April 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:16 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

i see no point to this. its what the RDB is for.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1