Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 2nd April 2013, 09:48 PM

Default Project 64 2.0 video plugin help

I am trying to use the Rice's Video plugin with the final release of Project 64. Since the file structure has changed, I have no idea where to put the .dll files, etc. Can someone help this n00b out?
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:42 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Uh, just put in plugins like normal
Old 3rd April 2013, 02:00 AM

That's the problem- I don't know "like normal". This is the first time I've tried using a high res texture, let alone a plug in for an emulator.

I have these files:

[1] BMGlib.dll
[2] RiceVideo.dll
[3] RiceVideoDBG.dll

The instructions I've read say to put [1] in the project64 folder, and then [2]&[3] in the plugin subfolder. Then, I'm supposed to create a folder within the plugin folder labeled "highres_textures", and within that folder, I'm supposed to create a folder that's the name of the game I'm adding textures to (in this case, Super Mario 64). Videos show a large number of files being extracted to this folder, but I am unable to unzip the MollyMutt textures. Videos also show that there are a bunch of .dll files within the plugin folder... this isn't the case for the version that I have. The plugins are within subfolders of the plugin folder labeled: 1.6 Plugins, Audio, GFX, Input, and RSP. I even tried putting [2]&[3] into the 1.6 Plugins folder, and then again I tried in the GFX folder... neither worked.
Old 3rd April 2013, 03:33 AM

put BMGlib.dll in same place as Project64.exe. Put RiceVideo.dll and RiceVideoDBG.dll in Plugin\GFX
Old 3rd April 2013, 04:08 PM

I put the files in the proper folders, but for some reason, the graphic plugin isn't selectable in the list of video (graphic) plugins. It's as if it doesn't exist. The only thing I get, is a slew of error messages when I try to enter the settings screen. This sucks. Could it be because I'm running an x86 version of Windows?
Old 3rd April 2013, 04:18 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

its because you didn't read the readme.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 3rd April 2013, 04:42 PM

I've read the readme for Rice's video plugin, have gone through the help section on how to install it, watched numerousYouTube videos, and have tried putting the files into both the plugin folder, and it's proper subfolders.
Old 3rd April 2013, 04:44 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftoman View Post
I've read the readme for Rice's video plugin, have gone through the help section on how to install it, watched numerousYouTube videos, and have tried putting the files into both the plugin folder, and it's proper subfolders.
Have you tried Glide 64 HQ? That also supports hi-res textures as far as I know.
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM PC2 10600
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB 7200 RPM
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 3rd April 2013, 07:44 PM

Well, I got the Glide64 plugin to at least be recognized and selectable. Now, I'm following the tutorials on how to get the high-res textures recognized, but I'm seeing things like "put it in the cache folder", which doesn't exist in Project64 2.0..... so I tried creating the folder, and putting the textures in it (which are dozens of files located in subfolders with names such as "Big Boos Haunted bla bla bla" after certain parts of the game). So when I load up the game, I'm either getting the game as is, or an error message and a blank black screen. Also, I am not seeing the option to "load high res textures when available".
Old 3rd April 2013, 08:49 PM

Also, I keep getting this error message:

CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp Line: 258

I've even tried copying someone else's successful version of Project64 with Glide64 plugin installed, the texture packs in the correct folders, etc. I get the same results. I have no clue as to why this isn't working for me.

Tags
plugin, rice, video