Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10th April 2013, 06:50 PM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Smile Jabo's Direct Sound 1.7.0.7 plugin for project64 v1.6 and 1964

AudioWrapper v1.0 by Shunyuan
--
AudioWrapper is a audio plugin wrapper to let Project64 v1.6 and 1964 can use
Jabo's DirectSound plugin v1.7.0.07. To use AudioWrapper, just copy AudioWrapper.dll and
Audio.dat to the plugin folder then selct Jabo's Direct Sound 1.7.0.7 (wrap) as your
audio plugin.


Author:
--
Jabo Direct Sound Plugin is written by Jabo for Project64 v2.0 and
AudioWrapper is written by shunyuan (shunyuan.chou@gmail.com).


--------
Note:
--------
I have removed the download file, you won't need it anymore, since there are better audio plugins for pj64 1.6 and other N64 emulators, , such as HleAduio v1.7.1.

Last edited by shunyuan; 16th May 2013 at 07:12 PM.
  #2  
Old 10th April 2013, 06:52 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

There would be no positive difference from Jabo's DirectSound 1.6.1, which already backported everything he did in 1.7.x in every way that could possibly run under Project64 1.6.

An external file I/O interface could only add bugs to it.
  #3  
Old 10th April 2013, 07:10 PM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
There would be no positive difference from Jabo's DirectSound 1.6.1, which already backported everything he did in 1.7.x in every way that could possibly run under Project64 1.6.

An external file I/O interface could only add bugs to it.
In case Jabo has another update for Jabo Direct Sound plugin, then we can use AudioWrapper to let project64 v1.6 and other N64 emulators to use it.
  #4  
Old 10th April 2013, 07:16 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
In case Jabo has another update for Jabo Direct Sound plugin,
Then it would be for 1964, Mupen64, or Project64 1.6.

It would not be for Project64 2.0 because Jabo quit the Project64 development team, or you could say zilmar fired everyone. He has no plans to ever release a 1.7.anything; any updates would not need a 1.7-downgrader-wrapper.
  #5  
Old 11th April 2013, 07:46 PM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
Then it would be for 1964, Mupen64, or Project64 1.6.

It would not be for Project64 2.0 because Jabo quit the Project64 development team, or you could say zilmar fired everyone. He has no plans to ever release a 1.7.anything; any updates would not need a 1.7-downgrader-wrapper.

I think AudioWrapper can be used for other audio plugin designed for Project64 v2.x too.
  #6  
Old 11th April 2013, 07:50 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

There are no other audio plugins designed for Project64 v2.x.

The security system as a contract between zilmar and Jabo, nobody else.


And it was the last thing I ever expected zilmar to open-source.
  #7  
Old 11th April 2013, 08:40 PM
shunyuan's Avatar
shunyuan shunyuan is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
There are no other audio plugins designed for Project64 v2.x.

The security system as a contract between zilmar and Jabo, nobody else.


And it was the last thing I ever expected zilmar to open-source.

As I know from Jabo's DirectSound plugin, there are no security system, everything is related the differences between plugin interface spec.
  #8  
Old 11th April 2013, 08:49 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
differences between plugin interface spec
Which is the security system.

Security is never a function; it's a result.
The newer spec was made for no other purpose.

Your DSound wrapper has no possible use because Jabo made a native port of everything in that dll to other N64 emulators called Jabo DSound 1.6.1.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.