Old 6th March 2009, 03:36 AM

Question GameShark Pro v3.3

Today I got a GameShark Pro v3.3 for N64. I was lucky enough to find a complete set: instruction manual and cartridge. As a bonus I got a cheat book. I did some reading in the GameShark Pro manual and I came across a program that you could download called "SharkLink". I already know that InterAct was bought out by MadCatz or something and I already tried searching on the GameShark website for this program. Does anybody here have any information on where else to download this program?

Mozilla FireFox and The Angry Video Game Nerd aren't gods.
Old 6th March 2009, 05:59 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Arrow ?

Did some investigating, no luck what so ever. But I found some information because I wasn't sure how much you know about this piece of software which apparently you must buy.... because it's so old I doubt you will able to find a download for it...

More info
Also, on top of what I said above, you listen here okay?! Look closely at this fist, if you so much as smell it wrong it'll impose itself onto your face okay?! You think you tough? I bet behind that PC you're just a timid old clown capable of nothing but wackin the sackin. You smell me tigga?!
Old 6th March 2009, 09:53 PM

According to my manual, it just says that on their site at the time that SharkLink was a special download. Maybe you do have to pay a fee to get the program.

By the way, your link was for a YouTube partaining to the Playstation GameShark Pro...

Old 6th March 2009, 10:18 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Sharklink, going by the name sounds like a code updater for the gameshark itself.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 6th March 2009, 10:26 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
Sharklink, going by the name sounds like a code updater for the gameshark itself.
That's what I thought, but it appears as though it is software designed to actually make codes as well. You have to buy it as a CD and link cable. There wasn't much about the use of it for N64, but I found info pointing to the PSone....
Also, on top of what I said above, you listen here okay?! Look closely at this fist, if you so much as smell it wrong it'll impose itself onto your face okay?! You think you tough? I bet behind that PC you're just a timid old clown capable of nothing but wackin the sackin. You smell me tigga?!
Old 6th March 2009, 10:43 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoosespeeder View Post
By the way, your link was for a YouTube partaining to the Playstation GameShark Pro...
Yea I know, I couldn't find anything regarding the N64, it was all PSone junk, I figured that they must been pretty much the same thing though, no?
Old 6th March 2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
I couldn't find anything regarding the N64, it was all PSone junk, I figured that they must been pretty much the same thing though, no?
No, there are some differences. From what I saw in the video, the cable for the Playstation connects to the back of the console itself and into the computer. The GameShark Pro for N64 has a built-in 25-pin serial port. You plug the cable into the computer and the cheating device, not the N64 console.

As for the software, I'm not entirely sure if it has both Playstation and N64 GameShark Pro support.

Old 6th March 2009, 11:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoosespeeder View Post
As for the software, I'm not entirely sure if it has both Playstation and N64 GameShark Pro support.
That is very well a more likely case I would imagine :/. although PSone and N64 work off of two different HEX systems, so there would have to be some sort of toggle switch between them...
Old 11th March 2009, 10:18 PM

Well it is your lucky day if your V3.3 has an LED countdown else it will not work even if you are able to d/l the software for it.

Sharklink Software
Old 14th March 2009, 05:35 PM

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the download link degenerationx69! All I need to get is a cable to be able to connect my GameShark Pro to the computer and then I'll be able to test it out.

By the way, my GameShark Pro doesn't have that LED countdown thing but does have that 25-pin port on the back. I also have GameShark v2.0 and it had just the LED countdown. I found it funny why that was on there. It doesn't serve any purpose. The only thing I noticed that it counted was the time remaining until it went from the GameShark logo screen to the main menu. Why? It's pointless. Should have stayed hidden.