Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 13th June 2009, 03:42 AM

Default N64 USB controller adapter problems

I just bought a Mayflash N64 controller USB adapter. When i try to configure the controller the buttons i press are not being recognized. I've tried several input plugins and none of them seem to be compatable with this controller adapter. I'm also using an original N64 controller and not some cheap knock off brand. There may be something i'm missing when it comes to configuring it, but with my experience using other emulators it all seems pretty cut and dry. Pick the controller from the drop down menu, set up the buttons. If anyone else is using one of these controller adapter, i'd really appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
Old 27th June 2009, 01:35 AM

Hello,

I also use this Adapter - and it works perfectly fine for me.

I believe, you have Tried USB Gamepad #1, while the Mayflash actually has the controller ports inverted, #1 is infact #2.... So do choose the 2nd Controller, not the first in the dropdown box and then configure away It works so nice.

Small Hint: Go calibrate it in System - Gamepad (if you run windows) first, as the analog/C Buttons arent 100% as they should be.

Let me know if this solved it for ya, be nice to know
Old 20th July 2009, 06:21 PM

Hey CraiZE,

I'm really intersted in one of those too. Actually I really wanted an
Adaptoid but... you know the deal.

Anyway, I have two questions about this one:
- how is the analogic directional sensitivity? Is as good as in the N64?

- does it support rumble and memory packs? (although I do not intend
to use neighter, it is a very important feauture for heheh)

- has this fine piece of (probably) chinese artwork ever burned your
USB ports? Your computer? Or even worse, you N64 controller????
Old 21st July 2009, 10:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

technically.. if the adapter is one control per adapter, the adaptoid drivers should be compatible.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 21st July 2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
technically.. if the adapter is one control per adapter, the adaptoid drivers should be compatible.
Thanks for the answer but... for which of the 3 questions was it directed?
Old 25th August 2009, 01:04 AM

Question C buttons still do not work

I have configured the original n64 controller/mayflash USB converter through the joystick controller settings in Windows.

Windows reads the C buttons as Z up/down and Z rotation but none of the emulators I downloaded will read the C buttons.
Old 28th August 2009, 06:02 AM

Yes, I'm having the same problem. The C- buttons are treated as Axis buttons instead of regular buttons. I have gone into my xp controller setting but all I can do is calibrate, not change anything. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 5th October 2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSlave View Post
I just bought a Mayflash N64 controller USB adapter. When i try to configure the controller the buttons i press are not being recognized. I've tried several input plugins and none of them seem to be compatable with this controller adapter. I'm also using an original N64 controller and not some cheap knock off brand. There may be something i'm missing when it comes to configuring it, but with my experience using other emulators it all seems pretty cut and dry. Pick the controller from the drop down menu, set up the buttons. If anyone else is using one of these controller adapter, i'd really appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
I also just bought this, and can't get it to work at all. Could anyone please give me step-by-step instructions on how I can get this to work? I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. Also, I'm running Project64 1.6 not the 1.7 Beta. Thanks again
Old 16th October 2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreo View Post
I also just bought this, and can't get it to work at all. Could anyone please give me step-by-step instructions on how I can get this to work? I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. Also, I'm running Project64 1.6 not the 1.7 Beta. Thanks again
works fine for me ?

just make sure to go to start > control panel > game controllers. click usb game pad and then click properties. then click settings and calibrate. the 1st motion part is for the joystick. the 2nd part (called z axis) is for the yellow c buttons. the 1st c button set is up and down, and the 2nd is left and right (i think, it really doesnt matter anyway). save this and your done.

i used project 64 1.6. both 'jabos directinput7 1.6' and 'n-rages directinput' plugins recognise the controller fine. just make sure that when you 1st go into the n-rage plugin, go to the devices tab, and pick your controller in the drop down box

im also using win xp.

if you do these steps, and you still cant get the emulator to recognise the controller, then try another controller. if still no joy, then your stuffed

Last edited by kpop; 16th October 2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 8th November 2009, 02:30 AM

hey everyone,

im also interested to know about the analog stick sensitivity when using the mayflash n64 to usb adapter, does it feel just responsive in terms of sensitivity with the analog stick as using it on the original n64 console?