Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 13th July 2009, 04:43 AM

Default Having trouble recognizing multiple 360 controllers

I started using project 64 with a wireless 360 controller and it works just great, but I want to play some multiplayer game with some friends and I'm having trouble getting it to recognize a second joystick. I use microsoft's wireless dongle for recognizing the first controller, as well as the second one. However, I go to the configure controllers panel, and click on the controller 2 tab, but the emulator does not recognize any input from the controller. I ended up putting in keyboard commands for joystick 2, and using joy2key to map my controller to the keyboard, but this doesn't allow me to put in a deadzone or have analog movement(because the analog stick is mapped to keys), and I was wondering if there was some kind of solution to this.

So if anyone can help me, that would be much appreciated.
Old 13th July 2009, 04:51 AM

also, I know that it isn't a problem with the dongle or with the controllers, because both of them work simultaneously on zsnes and other programs. Is there something specific about p64 that makes it impossible to use 2 360 controllers?
Old 15th July 2009, 04:58 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What Input Plug-in are you using?

EDIT: I would also like to note that I have been able to use 2 wireless controllers with Project 64. Both with Jabo's and N-Rage's Input Plug-ins. Also be sure to have both controllers on and linked BEFORE opening Project 64, and properly set the Devices to the Controllers in the Plug-in's configuration window.

Last edited by Truth Unknown; 15th July 2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 15th July 2009, 07:58 PM
Project Supporter

I use 4 XBOX 360 wired USB controllers. 4 Wired XBOX 360 white Guitar Hero controllers and 4 N642USB (homebrew) converters. They're wired to a switch.

Your motherboard/USB hub might get congested when more than 1 controller is being used.

Use an independent port.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir489 View Post
I use 4 XBOX 360 wired USB controllers. 4 Wired XBOX 360 white Guitar Hero controllers and 4 N642USB (homebrew) converters. They're wired to a switch.

Your motherboard/USB hub might get congested when more than 1 controller is being used.

Use an independent port.
He said Wireless,

congested ? independant ports ? say wat

Last edited by Stewie; 15th July 2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 16th July 2009, 02:12 AM
Project Supporter

How the hell do you put a wireless controller to the PC?
Old 16th July 2009, 06:20 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Microsoft sells a Wireless Receiver for the Wireless Controllers so you can use it on the PC, costs between 10-20 dollars (10 if you fine a good deal).
Old 7th September 2009, 11:44 PM

I had the same problem with my xbox controllers. You must click Configure Controller Plugin, then in the Devices tab under GamePad, there should be multiple controllers available. select the 2 different ones for controller 1 and 2
Old 13th September 2009, 08:13 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Are you connecting 2 controllers through only 1 wireless receiver? Or are you using 2 receivers? As far as I am aware, you must have 1 receiver for each controller.
Old 20th March 2013, 05:36 PM

Default how to use 2 wired xbox 360 controllers at same time on pc emulator

hey can some one help please, I downloaded a snes emulator and have a couple wired 360 controllers, and I configured both of them the way I want and my computer recognizes both of them, but once I start the rom it wont let me use them both. I've read some where that it might be because the controllers have the same name and the computer cant distinguish between the two, is there any way that I can use both at the same time?? any help would be greatly appreciated.